Bavaria is really rich in wonderful tourist landmarks. If you wondering what to visit in Bavaria, check our videos, you will find many interesting places.
Seefeld is a municipality in the district of Starnberg in Bavaria, Germany. The town lies on the western shore of the Pilsensee (“Pilsen Lake”). It is connected to the Bavarian capital city of Munich by the S-Bahn line S8. Seefeld is notable for the Seefeld Castle (c. 1302), a seat of the Toering noble family of Bavaria.
Seefeld castle lies on the east shore of the Pilsensee. It is entered by a massive brick bridge over the Höllengraben to the fountain courtyard, built-in 1674 after a wooden bridge had collapsed. The gate was built in 1736 in rococo style, with a gable that holds an impressive stone carving of the arms of the counts of Toerring-Jettenbach. The courtyard, with its 1733 fountain, is framed by strong 18th-century farm buildings designed for stabling and brewing. A second bridge leads into the inner courtyard. Built on 10th-century foundations, the donjon was mainly built in the 13th century and renovated in 1500
The domain of Sevuelt am Pilsensee (Seefeld) was owned by the lords of Seefeld. In 1150 Count Berchthold von Andechs obtained part of the forest from the Benedictine abbey. In the 12th and 13th centuries, the lords of Seefeld acquired large estates. The castle is mentioned for the first time in 1302. The keep was built in the middle of the 13th century on a rocky spur above the Pilsensee. The small tower in the southwest of the castle shown on Michael Wening’s 1700 drawing was probably older, as was the old north building. The Gothic hall and curtain wall were probably built at the same time as the keep.
The first chapel was built in the mid-14th century, first mentioned in 1365. In 1479 this chapel was replaced by the new one built between the keep and the curtain wall by Seyfried von Toerring and inaugurated on 28 December 1479. Also in 1479, a fortified tower was built in the southeast of the castle complex. In 1500 the tower and the donjon were restored. A brewery was built at Seefeld in 1601. The bridge collapsed in 1674 and was rebuilt at a high cost in brick.
The Counts of Toerring-Jettenbach, followers of the Wittelsbachs from the 14th century, were very influential at the court of the Electorate and Kingdom of Bavaria. In 1730 Count Ignaz Felix von Törring-Jettenbach was made field marshal of Bavaria. Extensive construction was undertaken from 1730 onward, including a new brewery, cowshed, and barn, an upgrade to the sawmill, replacement of the inner castle bridge, erection of a fountain in the outer courtyard, and reconstruction of the gatehouse. The chapel also received much of its present furnishings in this period. In 1766 an extension was added on the east side. The chapel was rebuilt in 1775–76 and a French roof replaced the older steep gable roof of the castle. The lodge to the southwest was built by Gabriel Seidl in 1897.
0:10 Seefeld Castle
0:46 Fountain on castle’s courtyard
1:06 Castle’s garden
1:18 Forest around the castle
1:29 Pilsensee lake
#travel #bavaria #castle #seefeld
📺Thank you for subscribing here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVTV…
🖼️Our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/traveltrave…
🌐Our Website: https://www.travelincube.com
🎥 DJI Osmo Pocket – https://amzn.to/3mwbIBi
+ Osmo Pocket ND Filter Kit – https://amzn.to/38ritk5
Awakening by Rexlambo https://soundcloud.com/rexlambo
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/31V1vqd
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/VZEBTeNLD_E
Watch more video travel at: https://www.bangkokpe.com/travel/