DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE:
A Philippine passport is a document issued by the Philippine Government to its citizens requesting other governments to allow Filipinos to pass freely, and in case of need, to give them lawful aid and protection. It remains at all times the property of the Philippine Government, as the holder is only its possessor. It should not be surrendered to any person or entity other than the Philippine Government or its representative.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Original valid passport;
- One (1) photocopy of original passport;
- One (1) duly accomplished passport application form.
- New passport application: THB 2100.00.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION:
- Client shall personally appear at the Embassy;
- Client shall present to the consular officer all the requirements listed above;
- Client’s application shall be reviewed and checked for security clearance by the consular officer;
- Once reviewed and cleared from security check, client shall pay the service fee to the cashier;
- Client shall be called by the consular officer for the capturing of biometric information;
- Client shall be given a Passport Release Claim Stub which contains information on how to verify the availability of passport through the Embassy website.
- After verifying the availability of passport through the Embassy website, client may claim the passport at the Embassy personally or through a representative.
- Application & capturing of biometric information: one (1) to two (2) hours depending on the volume of applicants;
- Printing of passports at Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila: six (6) to eight (8) weeks;
- Claiming and or release of passport: ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes.
- All passport applications are printed at the Department of Foreign Affairs office in Manila.
- Passports applications at the Embassy are released six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the date of application. The Embassy does not offer expedited processing of passport applications.
- Biometric information (i.e. photograph, fingerprints, and signature) shall be taken electronically.
- Clients do not need to submit printed photographs.
- Clients do not need to schedule an appointment to apply for a new passport.
- Electronic application forms are available online.
- The Embassy does not provide photocopying services.
- For seamen applicants, they are also required to submit a photocopy of their Seaman’s Book and a letter of request or certification of employment from the shipmaster.